Laser engraver is a kind of laser equipment and can engrave various materials, including plastic, bamboo, jade, leather, cloth, wool and other non-metallic materials. (Conventional CO2 laser laser engraving machine can not engrave metal materials including stainless steel, copper, aluminum, carbon steel, iron, aluminum alloy and various metal alloys)
Common materials used in laser engraving and cutting : leather, cloth, paper, bamboo, acrylic board, two-color board, wood, density board, marble, fire board, rubber board, glass and so on.
Pay attention to following tips when using laser engraving machine:
- Pay attention to the auto focusing rod must be tightened when using auto focusing, , otherwise the workbench will encounter the laser point.
- Adjust the water amplitude is less than 1mm when processing thin plate and volatile materials, .
- Use the workpiece clamping distance from the workbench more than 2 cm when cutting, .
- It is forbidden to open the cover when the laser engraving machine is working, .
- Open smoke absorb device and air blowing equipment during processing.
- We must pay attention to the processing speed to avoid fire when wood and paper.
- Reflector and focal length mirror cleaning: pinch the reflector with two fingers. Clean the lens with camera lens cleaning paper with the other hand.
- Usually engraving vector file resolution is higher, and engraving point file resolution is lower.
- The initial user in irregular processing should first conduct red positioning.
Working principle of laser engraving machine:
- Dot matrix carving. Dot matrix engraving is exactly the same as high count matrix printing. The laser head swings from side to side, carving a series of dots at a time, then moves up and down at the same time carving multiple lines, eventually forming a page of images or text. Scanned graphics, text and vector graphics can be sculpted using dot matrix.
- Vector cutting is different from dot matrix carving. Vector cutting is carried out on the outer contour of the graph. This mode is usually used for penetrative cutting of wood, acrylic, paper and other materials, and can also be used for marking on the surface of various materials.
- Engraving speed: Engraving speed refers to the speed at which the laser head moves, usually expressed in IPS (inches per second). High speed brings high productivity. Speed is also used to control the cutting depth, the slower the speed, the greater the cutting or engraving depth for a given laser intensity.
- Engraving strength: engraving strength refers to the intensity of laser irradiation on the surface of the material. For a given carving speed, the greater the intensity, the greater the depth of the cutting or carving.
- Spot size: the spot size of the laser beam can be adjusted by using a lens of different focal lengths. Small spot lens for high resolution engraving. Lenses with large flecks are used for lower resolution engraving, but for vector cutting, they are the best choice. The new device comes with a standard 2.0-inch lens. Its spot size in the middle, suitable for a variety of occasions.
- Carving materials: wood products, plexiglass, metal plate, glass, stone, crystal, Corian, paper, two-color plate, alumina, leather, resin, spraying metal.